Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Amazing ... (2 Thessalonians 1:11-12)

Today’s scripture: 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12

I love to talk about God’s faithfulness and grace. I love to remind believers that they are sons and daughters of the Most High King of kings.

And because of His grace and mercy, even though we are not worthy, God sees worth in us.

When we do what He’s called us to do, when we work to do His will, He looks upon each of us with fatherly pride. And I believe He longs to say, “Well done, My child,” even more than we long to hear it.

Doesn’t that just amaze you? That He sees you as His beloved child? That He, who deserves all glory, is glorified in you?

I think we forget just how truly amazing it is. The God of the universe, the One who put the stars in place, the One who created all things … This same God knows you by name. He has a plan for you that is unique (Jer. 29:11). He has given you gifts and talents that (usually) you enjoy using, but more importantly, that He uses to grow His kingdom and serve others.

I often say, God doesn’t need us. Not at all. In fact, I think He’d probably do a lot better without us. But that’s not how He works. He’s not a far-off, impersonal god. He’s personal, and He wants to work with us to complete His plan.

And, in His eyes, we are worthy enough to accomplish exactly what He’s designed.

Amen!

No comments: