Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Counselors of Peace (Proverbs 12:20)

Today’s scripture: Proverbs 12:20

I’m blessed to have some wonderful friends in my life. They’re wonderful women of faith whom I genuinely love and cherish.

Beyond friendship, I look to many of them as counselors. I know I can go to them with the good, bad, and ugly, and they’ll counsel me and pray over me.

When I think of these women, I love the thought of them being “counselors of peace” because they do, indeed, pray for peace in my life.

And in those relationships, I believe each of us finds joy.

I’ve known others, however, that illustrate the first part of that verse.

Haven’t you had people in your life that seem, on the surface, to be seeking your good? But then you find out that they’ve deceived you? Those people don’t bring joy to you because they’re not counselors of peace.

When someone really loves you and seeks God’s best for you, she’s truly that counselor of peace.

Do you have a counselor of peace in your life? Thank God for her—and thank her for being that to you.

No comments: