Monday, February 20, 2017

Rest in Hope (Psalm 16:8-9)

Today’s scripture: Psalm 16:8-9

It’s an amazing thing to think that God is right beside us, isn’t it? Right beside you. Right beside me.

I love the thought that I can reach out my hand, and He’s right there, through the good times and through the bad times. In fact, knowing that has helped me get through some pretty difficult times, those times that caused my soul to be restless.

My husband and I had been trying to have a baby for several years, and I was finally diagnosed with endometriosis, which ultimately caused infertility. In the darkest hour, when I realized that I would never be a mom, the only thing that gave me hope was the confidence that God was with me and that I could find rest in Him.

Because I know that God is at my right hand, I have hope that everything that happens will be according to His plan, including things that are painful.

And because I know that God is at my right hand, I can be glad. I can rejoice in God’s plan for my life. And my soul can find rest.

Is your soul restless? Do you sometimes wonder how you’re going to get through the dark times? Remember that God Himself is with you. He’s at your right hand. Ask God to give you rest . . . and hope.     


No comments: