Monday, June 12, 2017

Grace and Wisdom (2 Corinthians 1:12)

Today’s scripture: 2 Corinthians 1:12

“Fleshly wisdom” is very, very different than godly wisdom.

The flesh says, “I can do what I want … as long as I don’t get caught.” Godly wisdom says, “I must do what God has called me to do.”

The flesh says, “It’s just a little white lie; no one will know.” Godly wisdom says, “God sees the heart.”

The flesh says, “No one cares what I do.” Godly wisdom says, “God, who knows the number of hairs on my head, wants me to serve Him and others.”

When we live “in the world in simplicity and godly sincerity,” we represent the One who created us and the One who saved us. We honor Him and shine the light of Jesus.

Fleshly wisdom may seem great for today ... but it’s foolish for eternity.

No comments: