Wednesday, October 25, 2017

God of Mercy (Psalm 59:16-17)

Today’s scripture: Psalm 59:16-17

I’ve memorized several verses that speak to God’s being my refuge, my strength, my burden-bearer. These are my “go-to” verses when everything around me is chaos. I’ve sought these verses frequently in the last few weeks.

Psalm 46:1 reminds me that He is my refuge and help in times of trouble.

Jesus promises to help carry my burden when I’m weary in Matthew 11:28-30.

Paul writes how God’s strength comes through my weakness (2 Cor. 12:9).

And today’s verses again remind me that God “has been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble.”

He indeed is my “God of mercy.”

And I’m so very blessed that I can go to His word and seek His promises.

For strength. For refuge. For rest when I’m weary.

No comments: