Friday, October 20, 2017

Mercy as High as the Heavens (Psalm 36:5)

Today’s scripture: Psalm 36:5

One of the things I love about living in East Tennessee are the stars. In Southern California, they had to fight with the lights of the city, but here … I can sit on my deck in the evening and look up to nothing but stars.

God’s mercy is as high as the heavens. It reaches far beyond what my eyes can see. It extends to the outermost ends of the universe.

His love for me, His desire to save me and forgive me … It’s beyond my human comprehension.

Amazing.

How could He love me as much as He does? Or as the psalmist asks:
…what are mere mortals that you should think about them, human beings that you should care for them? (NLT Ps. 8:4)
Amazing.

2 comments:

Jul said...

I was searching for a reason to revere Him this morning - here it is.

Sauni Rinehart said...

Amen!