Friday, October 26, 2018

Strength and Peace (Psalm 29:10-11)


Today’s scripture: Psalm 29:10-11

One day, we will stand before the throne of Almighty God. All people, whether they committed their lives to Jesus, will one day kneel at His feet.

One day.

But until then, those of us who are children of the Most High God through faith and belief in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ can be assured that God “will give strength to His people.”

I love promises like this. When I have no strength of my own, I’m confident that He will give me strength. I’ve experienced this very strength the last few weeks. It’s been an unusually hectic time with work and rehearsals and performances for a play I was in. There were many days when I had little strength, but God brought me through!

There’s a second promise in verse 11, though: God will “bless His people with peace.”

I write a lot about peace. We who are God’s children can really have a peace that surpasses understanding (Phil. 4:7). It’s true. Along with that strength God gave me lately, He gave me peace that covered stress.

He’s a good God! Yes, one day we’ll stand before His throne, but we can enjoy strength and peace while we linger here on earth.

No comments: