Saturday, March 27, 2010

Rejoice in the Lord (Phil. 3:1)

Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe.
(Philippians 3:1, NKJV)

It all comes down to this: Rejoice in the Lord. Through good times and bad times. On mountaintops and in valleys. At the wedding altar and at the graveside. When the doctor says “you’re cured” and when the words are “I’m so sorry.”

Rejoice in the Lord.

It’s not always easy. I admit there are many, many times I fail in this. When I don’t feel well. When the future looks so uncertain. When a friend turns from me. How do I rejoice in these times?

I just do. It’s a deliberate decision to find joy in all circumstances. A choice. I can choose to wallow and whine, or I can choose to give praise and glory to my Lord. And the latter is certainly better than the former.

Rejoice in the Lord. Remember His abundant love. Revel in His overwhelming blessings. Reach out your hand to Him and thank Him for being your Lord and Savior.

And rejoice.

No comments: