Friday, April 30, 2010

You're Never Alone (Ps. 139:7-10)

Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
Even there Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will lay hold of me.

(Psalm 139:7-10, NASB)

A couple of days ago, I asked if the thought of God’s being with you all the time was comforting or scary. And when you’re in close relationship with God, it should be comforting. Then yesterday, I wrote of the wonder of knowing God surrounds us and lays His hand on us.

With comfort and wonder in our minds, today’s verses should bring joy. There is nowhere we can go without God’s being with us. Nowhere. He’s with us no matter what, no matter where. He’s with us in the battle against the enemy. He’s with us through the pain, through the joy, through the struggles, through the celebration.

And then there’s verse 10. No matter where we are, God will lead us. No matter what we’re experiencing, His hand lays hold of us.

I pray you’re filled with confidence when you read these words. I pray you’re filled with peace when you remember your loving Father is always with you, leading you, wrapping His arms of strength and protection around you.

You’re never alone. Never.

1 comment:

Tess Worrell said...

Thank you for your words.