Friday, June 01, 2012

Declare Among the Peoples (Ps. 9:11-12)

Sing praises to the LORD, who dwells in Zion;
         Declare among the peoples His deeds.
For He who requires blood remembers them;
         He does not forget the cry of the afflicted.

(Psalm 9:11-12, NASB)


Two of my favorite things: singing praises to my Lord and declaring to others what He’s done in my life.

What a blessing to know when I do either, I’m obeying commandments! I’ve been equally blessed when I listen to others sing. And hearing how God has worked in others’ lives? I love it! I had lunch with a friend yesterday, and it was such a blessing to hear of how God has blessed her—even though her life is far from perfect.

How often do you tell your own story? Maybe it’s exactly what someone else needs to hear. Maybe she’ll be blessed and comforted or encouraged by you. And how often do you really listen to how God has worked in the lives of your brothers and sisters in Christ?

If you want to be inspired or encouraged or convicted, listen to those stories. Read biographies of men and women of faith. Your faith will grow. And you will be blessed.

No comments: