Tuesday, June 19, 2012

You Have Laid Your Hand Upon Me (Ps. 139:5-6)

You have enclosed me behind and before,
         And laid Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
         It is too high, I cannot attain to it.

(Psalm 139:5-6, NASB)

My heart overflows with gratitude when I read these words.

God surrounds me.

He envelops me with His love. He showers me with His grace. He embraces me with His grace and mercy. He wraps His strength around me.

I feel quite weary and aching this morning. The last few weeks have been unusually busy and hectic, and today’s the first day in a while when I can just rest. I don't have to leave the house, and other than having my "office hours" for an on-line class I teach, I can give my body a day to refresh and heal.

On days like today, it’s such a comfort to know God’s hand is on me. I know I can crawl onto my Abba’s lap, and He’ll surround me with His love and grace ... and strength.

Do you need a loving hand to guide you? Do you need to feel Someone’s love today? Reach out your hand …His is already reaching out to you.

No comments: