Tuesday, September 04, 2012

1000th Devotional

Today, I write my 1000th devotional … 1000 … wow.

I started this devotional as way to communicate what God was doing in my heart through the reading of His word. At first, I posted every once and a while, and at one time, I was posting daily. Finally, I fell into a comfortable week-day pattern.

I’m grateful to those who have taken the time to read God’s words through me. I pray each of you has been touched. I know I have been. And I'm grateful even more to God for how He's worked in and through me over the years. I have been blessed beyond measure as He has carried me through the peaks and valleys. I have seen His purpose through significant changes and unexpected circumstances. I have experienced grace, mercy, and unconditional love.

So today, as I look back over the last few years since I began writing, it seems only fitting that I spend this day just praising God.

In the words of the psalmist:
Shout praises to the LORD!
Praise God in his temple.
Praise him in heaven,
his mighty fortress.
Praise our God!
His deeds are wonderful,
too marvelous to describe.
Praise God with trumpets
and all kinds of harps.
Praise him with tambourines
and dancing,
with stringed instruments
and woodwinds.
Praise God with cymbals,
with clashing cymbals.
Let every living creature
praise the LORD.
Shout praises to the LORD!

(Psalm 150, CEV)

No comments: