Friday, December 12, 2014

And ... the plate overflows ...



Much to my surprise and chagrin, I started to write this morning's devotional and realized I had missed yesterday! This week has been overly-hectic: Four shows this last weekend (I'm in a really fun musical version of It's a Wonderful Life! in Redlands; if you're in the area, come and see us!!); four speaking engagements Monday-Wednesday plus one today and one tomorrow; four shows this weekend; AND teaching two classes). It's been crazy!

So, I'm giving myself a break. Instead of a devotional today, let me just pray over you all the words of Paul:

[I] do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. (NKJV, Colossians 1:9-12)

Be blessed this day, and join me back next week as we spend a few days in Psalm 125 and then begin to focus on Christmas!

No comments: