Monday, December 15, 2014

Eternal God (Psalm 125:1-2)


Today's scripture: Psalm 125:1-2

There is so much about God that is a mystery. One aspect that boggles my mind is that He is eternal. No one or nothing created Him. He has always been; He will always be.

As much as this is a mystery to me, though, I am assured by His being eternal because I am His daughter. He is with me now, and He will always be with me. When I am feeling lonely, I can trust that He is right by my side. When I am feeling overwhelmed, I know that, through Him, I "cannot be moved." When I am feeling discouraged, I can find my encouragement in His presence.

God "surrounds His people ... forever." He protects me through the storms of life. He provides for my needs. He blesses me abundantly.

While my human mind cannot comprehend the true meaning of God's "forever-ness," I can rest in its certainty. I can trust in His presence today, and I can rejoice in the promise of eternal life with Him.

Are you feeling lonely or discouraged? Go to the eternal God. Trust in His presence. Climb on His lap and share whatever is on your heart.

He is listening.

No comments: