Friday, July 17, 2015

Seed-Bearers (2 Corinthians 9:10-11)

Today’s scripture: 2 Corinthians 9:10-11

I don’t know about you, but I sometimes feel so inadequate to share the gospel. What if they ask a question to which I don’t know the answer? What if they ridicule me? What if they’re downright hostile?

Then God reminds me: He will supply whatever I need to “sow seeds.” All I have to do is tell how He’s worked in my life. How I’ve seen the evidence of His presence. How He’s worked in unexpected ways. How He’s answered prayer after prayer.

The gospel message is simple: believe in Jesus Christ and accept the gift of salvation through grace. It’s so simple even a child can understand. In fact, Jesus Himself said, “I'm telling you, once and for all, that unless you return to square one and start over like children, you're not even going to get a look at the kingdom, let alone get in. Whoever becomes simple and elemental again, like this child, will rank high in God's kingdom” (MSG, Matthew 18:3-5).

Yet we often complicate it or succumb to fear or think, “Someone else will tell them.”

We’re all seed-bearers. Each and every one of us who knows Christ is called to share the good news of God’s grace. He has equipped us to sow seeds because He has worked in our lives.

We need to overcome our fears, our feelings of inadequacy … because the God who saved us, who changed our lives, is the same God who will speak through us. He has liberally supplied all we need to sow seeds and to help others come to know Him.

No comments: