Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A brief departure ...

Your calendar says it's September 30, but I'm writing this a bit ahead. I'm having a minor out-patient procedure on the 30th, and since I have to be at the hospital at 7 a.m. after 24 hours of "prep," I don't know that I'm going to feel up to focusing on Paul's words to the Ephesians!

So ... I thought I would share one of my favorite verses that I lean on when I'm struggling ... perhaps you need to read these words today.

The psalmist writes, "The Lord is my refuge and strength, a very present help in times of trouble; therefore, I shall not fear" (Psalm 34:1-2b). I memorized these words years ago, and I come back to them time and time again.

Days when my physical strength has run out.

Days when my spiritual strength is tested.

Days when my emotional strength is hanging by a thread.

I know during times of difficulty and trouble, I can run to my Abba, climb on His lap, and feel His arms around me.

Giving me a place of refuge, strengthening my weakness, taking my fear.

If you're struggling, if you're fearful, if you're weak, run to your Abba.

He's waiting with open arms.

No comments: