Friday, September 04, 2015

Blessed ... and Blessed Again (Galatians 3:6-9)

Today’s scripture: Galatians 3:6-9

Followers of Jesus Christ are blessed by God because we are His children.

Foremost, we are blessed with the promise of eternal life with our Lord and Savior, and I, for one, am looking forward to that.

But think of all the ways God blesses us each day. Or perhaps I should speak for myself.

I’m blessed with a supportive, loving husband. I’m blessed with caring, praying family and friends. I’m blessed with a roof over my head, food to eat, clothes to wear. I’m blessed with a job that allows needed flexibility and a vocation that encourages others.

And even through the difficult parts of my life, I’m blessed. I suffer from ill health, yet I’m blessed with the confidence that Jesus carries me through those days when I can’t carry myself. I don’t have children of my body, yet I’m blessed with many children of my heart.

Blessings through sunny days and mountaintop experiences. Blessings through storms and deep valleys.

All because I’m a daughter of the King.

No comments: