Tuesday, January 12, 2016

What's Your Mission? (Philippians 1:23-26)

Today’s scripture: Philippians 1:23-26

The farther I go down life’s journey, the more I resonate with the opening words of today’s scripture. I truly am “hard-pressed” between a deep-in-the-heart desire to be with Jesus and remaining here in this temporary body.

Now, I’m not certain my “remaining in the flesh is more needful for you,” but I do know God has a purpose for every moment I live. As He does for you.

Do you know God’s purpose for your life? Have you determined your unique mission? If you haven’t, may I encourage you to do so?

You have been gifted to serve God and others in a way only you can. God will speak through you, through the stories He’s given you, to touch lives. And I can tell you, once you understand what God has called you to do, your life will be richer and more blessed than you can imagine. Knowing you’re following God’s plan is liberating because then you can pray for His will in all you do. His desires become your desires. And for as long as you retain your earthly residence, you can be confident God will do those “needful” things through you. And when you finally “depart to be with Christ,” you’ll hear “good and faithful servant.”

I don’t know about you, but I can’t imagine anything better.

No comments: