Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Work In Progress (Philippians 1:3-8)

Today’s scripture: Philippians 1:3-8

I love this book! Every verse has some nugget to encourage or to affirm or to convict. And today’s verses are no exception. I’m not sure even where to start!

Oh, wait a minute; yes I do. I begin by echoing Paul’s prayer. I do “thank my God upon every remembrance” of my friend, my family, my brothers and sisters in Christ. I do pray that you continue to “fellowship in the gospel.”

But I want to focus today on verse 6: “… being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ …”

I’ve written in previous blogs that we are all works in progress. We are being refined as silver. We will one day be as pure gold. It’s so comforting to remember: I’m not complete yet. God is still at work in me. As I often say, every day God wakes me out of bed is a day to serve His purpose. And one day, I pray I’ll stand before my Lord and hear, “Well done, good and faithful servant.”


I pray for each of you: Give yourself completely to your loving, gracious, merciful Father. Your Abba. Let Him complete His work in you, so one day, you too can hear those wonderful words.

No comments: