Friday, January 01, 2016

Happy New Year!

It’s a new year … 2016 …

I know it’s clichéd, but how in the world can it be? Wasn’t it just yesterday we were preparing for Y2K? (For my younger readers, Google it!)

Anyway, I enjoy each new year. I enjoy starting a new calendar and planning new events. There’s something about a brand new calendar that makes me happy. It’s like starting a new journal … bright new pages to be filled with brand new memories.

Mostly, a new year brings anticipation of what God may do in it. As I prayerfully seek His will, I know I will be guided through new doors and down new paths. I know that He will carry me through tragedy and celebrate with me through times of joy.

I know there will be days when I cling to verses like Psalm 46:1 or Isaiah 41:10, and there will be times when I praise with verses like Psalm 150:1-6.

It’s a new year. I pray that your 2016 will be exactly what you hope it will be. 

No comments: