Friday, February 02, 2018

Abba Father (Psalm 4:7-8)

Today's scripture: Psalm 4:7-8

I am so very blessed. God has given me so much: a supportive husband, a nice home, a reliable car, a loving family, a sweet dog, great friends, a job I love (with the flexibility to do it from home), blessed ministries ... so very blessed.

He has indeed "put gladness in my heart."

I have great peace about my life even with my daily pain. I feel safe because I know God is always with me (Hebrews 13:5). I know He has a plan for a hopeful future (Jeremiah 29:11). I know He loves me unconditionally and everlastingly (Jeremiah 33:3).

So often, as I wrote Wednesday, it's difficult to live in this very dark world. Accidents happen. Health is compromised. Relationships sour. So much in this world can make us feel very un-safe, un-peaceful.

When everything around us seems to be falling apart, when the bad guys seem to be winning, then the only place to find safety and peace is in the arms of our Abba Father—our Daddy.

When we crawl on His lap, He will fill our hearts with gladness. He will allow us to "lie down in peace" (although, for some of us, the sleep part might be a challenge!).

Truly, it really is He "alone ... [who] makes[s us] dwell in safety."

It's a safety that can only be found in the presence of the Almighty God.

No comments: