Wednesday, February 07, 2018

No Pleasure in Sin (Psalm 5:4-6)

Today's scripture: Psalm 5:4-6

I wonder sometimes why Christ hasn't returned yet. For what is He waiting? Verses like today's make it clear that He hates sin. It must break His heart when He sees how perverted and corrupt His perfect creation has become.

Then I read about Noah and the flood, or about Sodom and Gomorrah. I reflect on the book of Judges. I'm reminded that there is indeed "nothing new under the sun" (Ecclesiastes 1:9).

This world has seen evil rulers and wicked citizens. "Workers of iniquity" have abounded. "Bloodthirsty and deceitful men" have walked this earth.

All since Adam and Eve made the fateful decision to control their lives instead of letting the God of the universe do so.

God has waited through centuries of wickedness, so I shouldn't be surprised that He lingers still. Yet, I can't help but wonder if the clock is winding down. I certainly hope it is. There's nothing I want more than to leave this earth and be in the presence of my Lord and Savior.

We cannot know the day of Christ's return; we can only strive to live each day as though His return is imminent.

May it be so!

No comments: