Wednesday, February 28, 2018

An Urgent Message! (Psalm 7:12-16)

Today’s scripture: Psalm 7:12-16

So, we talked about God’s being our shield the other day. As I was mediating on today’s verses, I honestly was stumped. What encouragement, affirmation, or even conviction could be found?

Then finally, a key phrase jumped out (thank You, Holy Spirit!).: “if a man does not repent …”

Like many of you, I have special people in my life, especially my husband, who don’t know the Lord. When I read scripture that describe the unrepentant and say things like, “His mischief will return upon his own head,” I’m struck.

No, my sweet husband may not “prepare deadly weapons.” He doesn’t “conceive mischief” (although he can be mischievous
J). He’s not violent.

But he is unrepentant. He doesn’t see his need for a Savior. And so, unless he comes to know Jesus, he will “fall into the hole which he has made.” That hole? Eternal separation from God.

And so, indeed, I’m struck. I feel a renewed urgency to share truth with him … and with all in my sphere of influence who don’t know Jesus.

No comments: