Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Holding Daddy's Hand (Psalm 18:35-36)

Today’s scripture: Psalm 18:35-36

It’s been a long time since I’ve been around little ones on a regular basis, but I have fond memories of watching my nieces and nephews learning to walk.

First, they’d pull themselves up on a chair or table. Then, they’d take a step or two. Finally, they’d fall on their diapered behinds.

We grown-ups would applaud them for their attempt, and they’d just grin!

What I really loved doing, though, was taking their little hands and pulling them up. With my guidance, they’d take more steps than they could on their own.

That’s what I picture when I think of God’s “right hand [holding] me up.”

Sometimes, when I try to take steps on my own, I fall. But when I reach out for my Daddy's hand, He guides me along the path He designed just for me.

When I follow His path, “my feet [do] not slip.”

No comments: