Friday, June 29, 2018

My Deliverer (Psalm 18:37-50)


Today’s scripture: Psalm 18:37-50

Today covers a lot of verses, but I want to focus on one word: deliver.

I talk a lot about God’s grace and mercy, His everlasting love, His divine attributes. But I don’t know if I’ve looked at His being my deliver often.

I have been delivered … from so much.

Abuse. Heartache. Suffering. Pain. Uncertainty. Doubt. Rebellion. Fear.

When I look back over my 54 years on earth, I see time and again how God has delivered me. I think about how I used to do such stupid, reckless things, things that could have led to catastrophe. And He delivered me.

Most of all, He delivered me from myself. From my poor choices. From my wanting my own way.

Because He delivered me, I know I’m following His plan, fulfilling His purpose, doing His will.

And I am blessed.

No comments: