Friday, August 03, 2018

Exceedingly Glad (Psalm 21:5-6)


Today’s scripture: Psalm 21:5-6

On Wednesday, we looked at the many blessings David described in this psalm. The blessings continue in these verses. God placed “honor and majesty” on David.

Some of us will never receive such honor or majesty on earth, but we can be assured that God will use us as He sees fit as we serve Him.

David also wrote that the Lord had “made him most blessed forever …”

We who follow Jesus Christ are already blessed with salvation, and we have forever to look forward to … blessings we cannot even imagine!

But I want to focus on that last line: God had “made him exceedingly glad in [His] presence.”

These words really pierce my heart … I have to ask myself: Am I exceedingly glad in the presence of my Lord? When I spend time with Him, is it because I have to? Or because I want to?

Does my day feel incomplete without focused time with Him? Or is He a check mark on my to-do list?

I know that spending time with the Lord is a privilege. I know He wants to bless me each time I open His word or go to Him in prayer.

So I pray today: Lord God Almighty, help me to be exceedingly glad in your presence. Today and every day. Amen.

No comments: