Friday, February 19, 2010

Our Merciful God

But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; for you once were NOT A PEOPLE, but now you are THE PEOPLE OF GOD; you had NOT RECEIVED MERCY, but now you have RECEIVED MERCY.
(1 Peter 2:9-10, NASB)

I love these verses. I really, truly do. There’s so much hope, so much goodness, so much grace. I’m not even sure where to start …

Read these words again and again. We’re chosen, royal, holy. We’re God’s precious possession. He’s “called [us] out of darkness into His marvelous light." Don’t you love it?

Oh, but don’t stop there. We are the people of God. We have received mercy.

Mercy. Not receiving what we deserve.

And what are we to do in return? “… proclaim the excellencies of Him.” Praise and worship our great God. And why wouldn’t we? We are chosen, my friends. We are holy in God’s eyes.

I hope you love these verses as much as I do. Mark them.

And when you feel unworthy, remember them.

No comments: