Tuesday, September 14, 2010

God Blesses Us (Ps. 67:6-7)

The earth has yielded its produce;
God, our God, blesses us.
God blesses us,
That all the ends of the earth may fear Him.

(Psalm 67:6-7, NASB)

Sometimes I feel so overwhelmingly blessed. I’m in a wonderful season right now, and I am grateful. No, things aren’t perfect. Physically, I’m experiencing quite a bit of pain. But in every other way, I just feel amazingly blessed. God has been answering prayers in very specific ways, and it’s been so uplifting to my heart and soul to see Him work—sometimes in very unexpected ways.

But even if I didn’t feel showered with blessings, I never forget how blessed I am just by being His child. I live in a country where I can worship freely. Even though I’m not working and we’ve had to cut back on our spending, Russ and I are still able to pay our bills. I have friends and family who pray for me and support me with their love.

God does bless us. He blesses us with His presence. He blesses us with the beauty of His creation. He blesses us by meeting our daily needs.

And why? Because He loves us. Because He wants to show the world how following Him brings joy and peace and contentment.

I think I’m going to try something, starting today. When someone asks me how I am, I’m going to say, “I’m blessed.” Because even when I may not be “fine” or “well,” I’m always blessed.

No comments: