Sunday, September 19, 2010

Testimonies ... Our Stories (3 John 1:11-12)

Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. He who does good is of God, but he who does evil has not seen God. Demetrius has a good testimony from all, and from the truth itself. And we also bear witness, and you know that our testimony is true.
(3 John 1:9-10, NKJV)

I’m often inspired by the stories of other people of faith.

When I’m struggling with pain, I read testimonies of people like Joni Earekson Tada. When I’m fearful, I remember how Queen Esther faithfully and courageously entered into the king’s presence, risking her very life. When I’m impatient, I recall my grandfather’s amazing ability to remain calm during times of crises.

I so admire people who live what they believe. They imitate Christ and strive to do good. And I’m challenged to the same.

Are you feeling a shakiness in your faith? Read the stories of God’s people from the Old or New Testament. Are you questioning God’s plan? Find words of wisdom from whose who’ve walked before you.

And remember: Someone maybe watching you, and your testimony may encourage and inspire her. Live as Christ would. Walk the path the Father has designed just for you. And then be ready to tell your story.

No comments: