Friday, September 03, 2010

Never Alone (Ps. 51:11)

Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

(Psalm 51:11, NKJV)

One of the attributes of our God is His omnipresence. He’s everywhere. All at once. This is a mystery to our earthly minds. How can God be with me right this very moment, yet be with millions of others as well? I really have no idea, but what a blessing it is to my heart to know it’s true.

Not only is God always with me, but I know He’ll always be with me. He’ll never leave me. Nor will He ever “cast me away from [His] presence.” When I was saved by grace, I truly became His daughter—His dearly loved daughter.

And just as a loving father delights in his children, my heavenly Father delights in me. He wants to be with me. And what a privilege it is to be able to spend time with Him!

I’m never alone. Jesus promised His disciples that the “Helper,” God the Holy Spirit, would indwell each of God the Father’s children. And the Spirit will never leave us. God the Father will never take the Spirit from us.

I find great comfort in knowing, even when people on earth may desert me, I’m never truly alone. And I’ll never be alone.

No comments: