Sunday, November 20, 2011

God's Dwelling Places (Ps. 84:1-2)

How lovely are Your dwelling places,
O LORD of hosts!
My soul longed and even yearned for the courts of the LORD;
My heart and my flesh sing for joy to the living God.

(Psalm 84:1-2, NKJV)

As we draw close to the day we Americans have set aside to show gratitude, I chose this psalm to meditate on for the next few days … and the few days beyond.

I’m so very grateful that God had a plan to reconcile me to Him. Even when I deliberately turned my back on Him for so many years, He waited patiently and lovingly for me to return to His arms.

And now my heart truly yearns to be with Him. For always.

So when I read verses like this, about the dwelling places of my Lord God, I can’t help but long to be in His courts. The Bible gives us a few hints of what those dwelling places are like. Jesus calls our future dwelling places as “mansions” He’s preparing for each of us (John 14:2). And the description of heaven John wrote about in Revelation? It’s beyond human description.

I do so desire to be there. To be with my Lord and Savior. To shed this earthly skin and leave this decaying body.

To be in the dwelling places of the one true and living God.

Amen. And amen.

No comments: