Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

It is good to give thanks to the LORD,
And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High;
To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning,
And Your faithfulness every night ...

(Psalm 92:1-2, NKJV)

As I sit here on this early Thanksgiving morning, I'm reminded of how very blessed I am. And so I give thanks for:

~ The God I serve (He has been so gracious and loving over the last several months, and He reminds me daily of how much I need Him.)
~ My loving and supportive husband (After 23 years of marriage, he's still my most favorite person on earth!)
~ My family (And this year, I'm especially thankful that I'll get to see my mom, both my siblings, and their entire families within a month's time!!)
~ My friends (Even if I'm only able to keep in touch via FaceBook!)
~ My teaching jobs (What a blessing to be able to do what I love in a way that let's me be flexible and care for my health!)
~ My vocations (I still get to speak at least once a month, and I love being back on the stage!)
~ The few but faithful "followers" of this devotional blog (I'd write my blog without you because I love spending time meditating on God's word, but I'm blessed to know you're encouraged as well!)
~ My health (Yes, even with my daily pain and weariness, I'm still grateful because my weakness keeps me focused on God's strength.)

So this Thanksgiving Day, take a moment to voice gratitude for how God has blessed you! And have a wonderful day!

No comments: