Monday, November 21, 2011

God's House (Ps. 84:3-4)

The bird also has found a house,
And the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young,
Even Your altars, O LORD of hosts,
My King and my God.
How blessed are those who dwell in Your house!
They are ever praising You. Selah.

(Psalm 84:3-4, NKJV)

I started writing this devotional early this morning, and I just couldn’t seem to find the words. A few hours later, and at first, I still didn’t know what to write.

But then I read the verses again … And I landed on the word “house.” God’s house. And not what we often call the local church or His throne in heaven.

God’s house is anywhere He is. His house is this world He created. And His house is the universe—far beyond what we can see. And because He is everywhere, I can never be outside of His presence. I’m never alone.

There are days when I feel so very lonely. Often my days are spent alone, and there doesn’t seem to be anyone around. When I need prayer or to talk with someone, sometimes I don’t even know whom to call.

Then I remember: My God is with me. I dwell in His house. I'm never, ever alone.

Just as the birds have a home, I have a home in the arms of my Father.

And I’m very blessed.

No comments: