Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thirsty for the Living God (Ps. 42:2-3)

In my heart, I am thirsty
for you, the living God.
When will I see your face?
Day and night my tears
are my only food,
as everyone keeps asking,
"Where is your God?"

(Psalm 42:2-3, CEV)

Yesterday, I wrote of praise because God quenches our spiritual thirst. And yes, He does do this. Today’s verses are a cry for God’s presence.

And I echo these words. I am thirsty for my God. I do long to see His face.

Too often, I feel like tears really are my only food. I get so discouraged sometimes. Living with chronic pain can do that. As I get older, and just the pain of aging adds to my suffering, I wonder if I’m alone on my journey.

And those who don’t follow Christ may very well ask,” Where is your God?”

I do sometimes feel alone. I do sometimes wonder why I must suffer as I do. And yes, sometimes I feel so overwhelmed by just getting through the day.

When I do, I cry out to God. I pray I’ll see His face. I pray He’ll carry me each moment.

And I have to trust He’ll do just that. Even through the tears.

No comments: