Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Wonder of God (Psalm 40:5)



Today's scripture: Psalm 40:5

It is impossible to truly describe the wonder of who God is. He is beyond measure, beyond human comprehension.

His works are incalculable. He was before time as we know it, and He'll be long after time ends. He has created all things. All things. This universe and its untold mystery. This earth and its incredible beauty. Each animal. Each person.

Our God is ... indescribable.

Even the psalms, as amazingly evocative as they are, fail to fully define our God ... because He's ... well, God.

That's what I love about our God. If He could be fully known, He wouldn't be God. I love the mystery of Who He is. I love that His works can't be, as the psalmist writes, "recounted" or "numbered."

Instead of knowing Him fully, I can worship Him for His majesty, glory, and wonder. I can praise Him for the peace and joy I find only in Him. I can kneel in humble gratitude for His love, grace, and mercy.

And I can stand in awe of Him ... because He is God, the one and only true God.

No comments: