Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Amazing, Abounding Grace (2 Corinthians 9:8)

Today’s scripture: 2 Corinthians 9:8


“Amazing grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now I’m found.
Was blind, but now I see.”

I love that old hymn. Perhaps, you do too.

Grace is such an amazing gift … that our God would give us what we don’t deserve … amazing.

And grace continues to abound throughout the life of a Christ-follower. When a person surrenders her life to God and accepts the gift of salvation, she will be used by Him to do “good work.”

Each follower of Christ is given at least one spiritual gift. Teaching or hospitality. Giving or mercy.

I’m blessed with the gifts of encouragement and teaching. I love seeing others grow in faith and learn more about the Lord God Almighty. It brings me such joy.

Because of the weakness of my body, however, I don’t always feel “sufficient” to do what God’s called me to do. But, praise Him, I don’t have to be sufficient … He is sufficient, and, through His abundance grace, I’m able to do those “good works.”

Amazing grace, indeed!

No comments: