Friday, May 05, 2017

Full of Faith (Acts 6:5)

Today’s scripture: Acts 6:5

It may sound morbid, but have you ever thought about what your gravestone will say? Will it be poignant? Or pithy? Or downright funny? You may have heard about the woman who put “See! I told you I was sick” on hers.

I’d like to see something that speaks of my faith … something like the words used to describe Stephen. Today’s verse deals with a time when a group of men in the early church were chosen to fulfill a specific need.

One of those chosen was Stephen. How was he described? As “a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit …”

A man full of faith …

I pray I would be described similarly … now and when I’m gone from this earth.

How would you like to be described? What can you do to be called a man or woman full of faith?

No comments: