Friday, September 22, 2017

My Soul Shall Be Joyful (Isaiah 61:10-11)

Today’s scripture: Isaiah 61:10-11

My favorite season is spring. I love it when the first green leaf appears on a backyard tree. When the first flower blooms. When the temperature raises from winter’s cold to spring’s warmth.

Joy feels very much like spring to me. As I ponder how much God loves me and how He “clothes [me] with the garments of salvation,” then joy “spring[s] forth” just as “the earth brings forth its bud” or as the New Living Translation says, “His righteousness [is] like a garden in the early spring, with plants springing up everywhere.”

And although spring is just a few months a year, joy can be found anywhere at any time.

If you’re in a winter-like season, find joy in the “early spring” of God’s salvation and righteousness.

No comments: