Friday, September 01, 2017

The Fruit of Joy (Galatians 5:22)

Today’s scripture: Galatians 5:22

I don’t know about you, but sometimes, it’s hard to live the “fruit of the Spirit.”

It’s hard to be loving, joyful, peaceful, longsuffering, kind, good, faithful, gentle, and have self-control. I mean, I can probably be loving and peaceful today, but you may have to wait until tomorrow for longsuffering and kindness …

But one of the fruit that should be constant is joy. As we talked about when we first began looking at the word, joy is not reliant on circumstances. Joy comes, instead, just because we are God’s dearly-loved children, saved by grace.

So even when I don’t feel like being gentle or practice self-control, I can still be joyful. And honestly, when I feel joy knowing that I’m God’s daughter, it’s a whole lot easier to be loving and kind and faithful … because He is those very things.

Find joy, and you may just find the rest of the fruit.

No comments: