Monday, October 18, 2010

Assurance (Ps. 46:1)

I'm temporarily leaving Galatians to meditate on one of my favorite verses.

"God is my refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble."

The last few weeks have sapped much of my already-limited energy. While I love what I've been doing (performing in a play and spending time with my niece and her family), I'm worn out.

And this past weekend, higher levels of pain just added insult to injury. I knew I was totally incapable of getting through two Saturday performances and yesterday's matinee.

On my own, that is.

I'm so very blessed that God is with me! He is, indeed my refuge and strength. And I know I can always come to Him in my times of trouble.

Praise Him! What wonderful assurance I have in Him!

1 comment:

Tess Worrell said...

So glad God was there with you giving you strength.