Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Our Abba ... Our Daddy (Gal. 4:6-7)

Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God.
(Galatians 4:6-7, NASB)

Oh how I love the reminder that I can call my heavenly Father, “Abba”! I can crawl up on His lap and call Him “Daddy”!

I absolutely love that!!

Those of us who didn’t have the greatest of fatherly influences sometimes don’t understand what it means to have a daddy. A man you can trust. A man who has your back. A man who will love and cherish and protect you.

And that is exactly what our heavenly Father is for His children.

He is our protector, our provider, our refuge. He is our strength, our healer, the lover of our soul.

He loves us with an everlasting love. He will never leave us or forsake us.

He is faithful and trustworthy.

He is, indeed, our Daddy … in every sense of the word.

No comments: