Thursday, February 20, 2014

Radiant Faces (Psalm 34:5)


Today's scripture: Psalm 34:5

Have you ever watched someone speak of God or (especially) sing a worship song, and her face is just radiant? Or someone hears stories of God's love, and he glows with the joy he feels for his Lord?

I remember vividly when my maternal grandfather used to talk about his Jesus. He would literally glow with the love he felt. And he loved nothing more than to tell others about his Jesus. He spent many years as a chaplain at the Los Angeles Rescue Mission, and even amongst what many would call the dregs of society, my grandpa loved them with the love of Jesus.

One of my greatest joys and honors is to speak about God and His love for us. I have that privilege once or twice a month, and there's nothing quite like seeing the faces of those to whom I speak. When I share words of God's love and grace and mercy, heads nod and smiles grow. There is a radiance to the faces of those who love God.

When you speak of the Lord, does your face light up with the joy of knowing Him? Can you just not help smiling when you think of all He's done for you? Feel the joy and peace and love that comes only from knowing our God—Father, Son, and Spirit. And let that joy and peace and love overflow!

No comments: