Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Sing Praises! (Psalm 57:7-11)



Today's scripture: Psalm 57:7-11

I'm not even sure where to start with today's verses. So many words of praise and worship ... So I guess I'll just start at the top.

Won't you join me in praise to our Lord God Almighty?

"My heart is steadfast ... I will sing praises!" I often sing when I speak, and when I do, I usually sing a favorite (Trust His Heart) that speaks to my heart. Last night, however, I just had to sing another because I just felt led to simply worship. It's been around for a while, and you probably know it (Lord, I Believe In You). The chorus goes:

Lord, I believe in You.
I'll always believe in You.
Though I can't see You with my eyes
Deep in my heart, Your presence I find.
Lord, I believe in You.
And I'll keep my trust in You.
Let this whole world say what they may
Nothing can take this joy away.
Lord, I believe.

Don't you love those words? Don't they make your heart "steadfast"?

Then the psalmist writes, "I will give thanks to You, O Lord ... for Your lovingkindness is great to the nations." I'm studying the book of Jeremiah right now, and I read about God's abundant patience with the nation of Israel even though they rejected Him and rebelled time and time again. He showed great lovingkindness to them ... and He continues to show great lovingkindness to our nation (I'm writing particularly to those in the U.S.). We have rejected Him and rebelled time and time again ... and still He loves us. This is worthy of praise!

Finally, the psalmist exalts the Lord and gives Him glory. He alone is worthy of all our glory, honor, praise, and worship. He alone should be exalted above all thing.

Today, spend some time offering praise to your Lord and Savior. Give Him the glory He deserves. Worship Him for all He is and for all He's done.

Your heart will be blessed!

No comments: