Thursday, October 23, 2014

Does God Hear Me? (Psalm 28:1-2)



Today's scripture: Psalm 28:1-2

I know I've written about this before, but I love the fact that God listens to me when I call. He hears my cries and revels in my praises.

There are times, though, when I feel His silence. He doesn't seem to be answering ... perhaps He isn't even hearing me.

Whenever I have these thoughts, I shut them down right away (sometimes, it may take a moment or two while I have a private pity party!). Why? It's because I really to have confidence that He hears my cries, just as He heard David's cry.

Every time David prayed, whether in joy or in anguish, He was certain his God was listening. I can have that same certainty, and so can you.

Just because God seems silent doesn't mean that He is. He may be waiting quietly for us to acknowledge His presence. He may be waiting for His timing. He may be asking us to be patient and just trust Him.

No matter the reason, we need to always come to His throne with our cries and praises.

He will answer ... in His time and according to His purpose.

No comments: