Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Vindication (Psalm 17:1-2)



Today's scripture: Psalm 17:1-2

I'm very blessed. Very, very blessed.

Sometimes, though, even with all the many blessings God has given me, I cry out to Him. I cry out in pain. I cry out for others who are suffering. I cry out for justice for those who have been wronged.

There is so much wrong with this world. As the cancer of sin continues to spread throughout this rapidly-decaying planet, corruption and disease and perversion wreak havoc.

It's enough to make the strongest among us want to crawl into a hole and hibernate.

I still have hope, though. I know that those of us who have been hurt in so many ways will one day be vindicated. The God of the universe, the Creator of all things, the Righteous Judge will one day reward those who have chosen to follow Him ... and call down judgment on those who have rejected Him.

One day, this world will be no more. Its pain and suffering and injustice will be wiped from our hearts and minds. We will live in the light of our Lord and Savior.

As the old hymn says, "... what a day of rejoicing that will be!"

No comments: