Wednesday, October 29, 2014

My Saving Refuge (Psalm 28:8-9)



Today's scripture: Psalm 28:8-9

So many times, I have no strength of my own. Chronic illness saps my energy. Poor sleep makes me even groggier than usual (which is pretty groggy ...). Uncertainty about the next steps of life's journey causes anxiety.

Nope. No strength.

How blessed I am that I don't have to rely on my own strength because I serve the all-powerful God of the universe! He is my strength. He is my "saving refuge." I don't have to do this on my own!

I honestly don't know how those who aren't in relationship with God handle life. Really. I don't.

Trying to rely on my own strength (which we've already determined is nonexistent) is impossible. Having to rely on someone else? Well, first, that puts a lot of pressure on that "someone else." Second, what happens when he is out of strength? On whom then can either of us rely?

No. I don't have to be strong on my own nor do I have to rely on another's strength. I serve God, the all-powerful One. The one who gives me strength, who walks alongside me every day ... and carries me when what little strength I have gives out.

The Lord is my strength ... my saving refuge.

Praise Him!

No comments: