Monday, October 06, 2014

Stories of Faith (Psalm 9:11-12)


Today's scripture: Psalm 9:11-12

Two of my favorite things: singing praises to my Lord and declaring to others what He’s done in my life.

What a blessing to know when I do either, I’m obeying commandments! I’ve been equally blessed when I listen to others sing. And hearing how God has worked in others’ lives? I love it!

I love reading biographies and life stories of godly men and women who left a lasting legacy. I've been inspired time and time again by the lives of people like Corrie ten Boom, Deitrich Bonhoeffer, Elisabeth Elliot, and Susanna Wesley. Their faith through struggles and suffering, highs and lows never fail to touch my heart and strengthen my own faith.

How often do you tell your own story? And how often do you really listen to how God has worked in the lives of your brothers and sisters in Christ?

If you want to be inspired or encouraged or convicted, listen to those stories. Read biographies of men and women of faith. Your faith will grow. And you will be blessed.

Then go out and tell your own story of how God has worked in your life.

You'll be blessed as He blesses others through you.

No comments: