Monday, June 08, 2015

So Inadequate (2 Corinthians 3:4-11)

Today's scripture: 2 Corinthians 3:4-11

Oh my word … whenever I read today’s verses, I want to shout, “YES!” I am so very, very inadequate in myself. Nothing I am, nothing I do, nothing I say is from me. I am only able to do anything because of Jesus Christ’s work through me.

This is especially clear to me when I speak or perform. My ill health so often drains me of energy, so my resources are low anyway. Then, when I have the privilege to share God’s truth through a speaking engagement or am able to be on stage, I give all I have … which often isn’t much.

Many times, I have stood off stage or have waited for an introduction, and I have prayed, “Lord Jesus, I have nothing. Please speak [or act] through me. I cannot do this without You.”

And every time, He carries me through.

I cannot fully express how I feel when I leave a stage or finish a talk, knowing that my Lord has brought me through. I am humbled and grateful all at once. And I can point to Him as the One who gives me exactly what I need to do and what I need to say.

And I am blessed.

No comments: