Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Working Together (2 Corinthians 1:23-24)

Today's scripture: 2 Corinthians 1:23-24

It is a true tragedy when really painful things happen because of denominational differences. Just because one person worships differently than someone else or practices another ritual or tradition, that other person is somehow wrong.

Contemporary versus traditional.

High church versus low church.

Praise songs versus hymns.

I’m certain all our bickering and nit-picking breaks the heart of our Savior. If we believe in and follow the God of the Bible, some things are foundational: salvation and eternal life come by grace only through the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9); Jesus Himself is the one and only “way, truth, and life” (John 14:6); one day, those who have chosen to follow Christ will spend eternity in heaven (John 14:2-3).

What kinds of songs I sing (as long as they’re glorifying God) don’t matter. Whether I kneel or stand or sit doesn’t matter. If I worship at a Saturday service or wake early on a Sunday … It doesn’t matter.

What matters is that I’ve committed my life to serve the one true God. What matters is that I choose to live like Christ, to serve Him and others. What matters is what I do for eternity.

Let’s be fellow workers for our Lord, standing firm in faith.

Loving and serving each other. Loving and serving God.

No comments: