Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Oh, That Tongue ... (James 3:5b)

Today’s scripture: James 3:5b-12

As I was beginning to write today’s devotional, I really struggled with what to say. Even after I prayed and started several times, I kept hitting the delete button.

I feel very strongly about the fact that many Christians “bless our Lord and Father, and … curse men” with the very same tongue. “… from the same mouth come both blessing and cursing.” I so agree with James when he writes, “… these things ought not to be this way.”

I know I sound old-fashioned, but when did it become okay to use really vulgar words in everyday language? And what makes Christians different from everyone else when they’re using the same curses others do?

I think the problem is these words have become part of the world’s lexicon. You hear and read them everywhere.

But think about it. Jesus is with you all the time. He hears your words and knows your thoughts. What would He want to hear?

Think about it.

No comments: